Reports To: Housekeeping Manager/Housekeeping Assistant Manager/General Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary of Position:
Room attendants are responsible for the cleanliness of guest rooms, hallways and public areas in the lodge. Responsibilities include but are not limited to servicing guest rooms daily in accordance with lodge procedures, stocking carts with room supplies, replacing bed linens and replenishing guest room supplies. This position requires strong attention to detail, ability to bend, lift and the ability to be standing or walking all day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities includes but not limited to the following:
- Use proper cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces in accordance with OSHA regulation and Lodge procedures.
- Vacuum, sweep, scrub, wax, and/or polish floors, using vacuums, brooms, mops and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
- Makes beds and replaces bed linens, bath linens and kitchen linens.
- Clean assigned rooms by priority and update room status on daily assigned board.
- Cleans lobbies, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, and stairways.
- Transport cart with cleaning supplies, amenities and linens to assigned work area and/or guest room securely.
- Return and restock cart at end of shift as well as organizing closet and shelving delivered linens.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Dusting, shower / tub cleaning, toilet cleaning, kitchen cleaning as well as running of dishwasher and putting dishes away.
- Ensure security of any assigned keys and / or guest room keys and turn any / and all lost and found items into the Housekeeping Manager or Housekeeping Assistant Manager.
- Any tips found in residences must be turned into the front desk tip box and will be split among all the housekeepers.
- Any addition duties that may be required.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance. Cheerful and eager to please.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Must be cooperative with other team members.
- Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. No profanity or gossiping about guests or other co-workers.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is reliable and consistently at work and on time. Must have open availability and a flexible schedule.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to meet industry standard number of rooms: Four to eight per shift.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, bend, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must be able to stand / walk for long periods of time (up to eight hours) and the ability to push / pull up to fifty pounds.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.